PlayART is a creative & educational App for iPad which introduces children and grown-ups to the world of art in an enjoyable, stimulating and innovative way.
“Since the days I was a student at the Academy of Fine Art Brera in Milan, I always tried to convey art with new and different languages, more involving, simple and accessible.
So, during an afternoon in a bookshop flicking through children books in search of new ideas I had this intuition: what if the images were animated? What if children could play with famous paintings by interacting with them according to their fantasy? That would greatly stimulate a creative process.
Perhaps afterwards children would be more curious about art.
When I see a child intrigued and concentrated in creating fantastic images with PlayART on the iPad: I take that to be a success. When we grab the attention of primary school children for more than two hours teaching the art of Monet and Van Gogh with PlayART: that’s a success.
When we can create aesthetically beautiful pictures easily and with creative freedom, we feel content. Even more so when the same images also tell something about art history.
In conclusion I think that PlayART’s success depends on these factors: it stimulates creativity even in those who have no familiarity with drawing, painting or graphics. Anyone can create a beautiful image with artistic value.”
Giorgio Fipaldini (author of PlayART App)
Awards & Reviews
“This clever art app combines art appreciation with creating artwork. It is entertaining and exciting to use the masters’ artistic bits in new ways.”
• FIVE TOP APPS for Creative Kids selected by USA TODAY •
• 50 BEST APPS for children, selected by the Guardian •
• WINNER of the Silver Lovie Award 2012 in the Education Apps •
• WINNER of the Premio Sole24Ore 2012 in the Education Apps •
Main features App for iPad
Play, learn and create with: Katsushika Hokusai, Paul Cézanne, Claude Monet, Henri Rousseau, Vincent Van Gogh, Gustav Klimt, Paul Klee e Amedeo Modigliani.
1. Over 160 elements and 48 canvasses from the original paintings;
2. Move, rotate resize, duplicate and arrange the elements however you like to create your artwork.
3. Paint with the new painting function.
4. Select elements as your “Mix Art” to create a new style and combine the art of the eight artists.
5. Save your painting in the “Museum” gallery with a title and your name.
6. Edit your saved paintings.
Guarda il video tutorial dell’App PlayART e scopri quanto è facile creare splendide immagini con gli stili dei Grandi Maestri delle pittura.
Un gioco creativo per tutte le età.